Hello all :) I hope that everyone is having a great month of December so far. Are you all in the holiday spirit yet? I am!! I can't believe Christmas is 20 days away. So today as I am watching The View, I decided to update you all on my pregnancy and give you all the ups and downs of it all.....so here we go!
I'm currently 38 weeks pregnant and I'm so ready to have this baby, lol!!! I'm no longer working since I can technically have my son any day now. It's like a waiting game, which I have no patience for haha. I'm still feeling tired and run down as my pregnancy progresses. Like most women, by the time you get to a certain point in your pregnancy, you're just ready. During the night I am still tossing and turning...can't seem to get comfortable :( I'm trying really hard to sleep in past 7am but that seems to be a challenge for me. I mean, really? there isn't any reason why I need to be up that early. Everyone says "take this time to relax and sleep before baby comes", so that's what I am trying to do! An extra nap or two wouldn't hurt, right?
Yesterday was the first part of my Lamaze class-which by the way everyone says the class isn't worth taking. Besides, whose going to remember those breathing techniques while in labor, right? I guess it's too late since I am almost down with the class. So far this Lamaze/Child birthing class has given my hubby and I a lot of information about labor and delivery. I'm actually enjoying all the info since this is my first pregnancy and I'm not sure what this process is like. This class has provided info on the different stages of labor, labor pain medication options, different methods of coping with labor pains (i.e. those silly breathing techniques), different methods in assisting mom deliver and so on. We actually got a tour of the labor and delivery wing of the hospital. I'm a little bit scared since I have never spent a night in the hospital, thank God! Plus that hospital smell makes me sick :( I do have to say that the rooms where moms deliver and recover are better looking than I expected, thank goodness. So tonight is my final part of the class, not sure what additional info will be provided but I'll keep you all posted on that.
Now on to the Ups and Downs of pregnancy! A subscriber has asked that I do a video vlog with this info, so I may do that as well if time permits. Everyone can associate happiness and fear with pregnancy which is very normal. I have been very happy throughout my entire pregnancy which helps cope with the many changes my body has gone through. The information I have listed below is from myself reflecting on my own pregnancy. These are my honest opinions and feelings! I will list all the ups and downs separately below ( I may forget a few as I'm writing this post)
Ups of Pregnancy:
* Happiness that comes from the moment you find out you're expecting to the day you finally get to hold that beautiful baby. Just know all the changes will be worth it in the end!!
* Feeling life growing inside you is like no other experience you'll ever have.
* Knowing that you will always have a part of your significant other forever.
* Seeing your belly grow by leaps and bounds over the course of 9 months.
* Hearing the heartbeat for the first time, makes it feel more real.
* The day you find out the sex of the baby, it's absolutely incredible...a day you'll never forget.
* The bond between mom and baby is amazing.
* The first time you get to see the baby through ultrasound makes you realize that your life will never be the same...in a good way.
* Shopping!!!!! One of my favorite things to do. It's so fun coming up with nursery themes and buying irresistible outfits for baby and yourself.
* Feeling your baby move and kick inside feels crazy and painful at times but it's the feeling of life growing healthy and happy.
* Counting down the last couple of weeks is exciting because soon baby will be here.
* The good advice you're given from those closest to you about raising a family.
* Having a feeling of certainty that your family is there to support you from beginning to end is a blessing.
Downs of Pregnancy:
* The weight gain which is very normal but your body will look and feel different as the pounds pack on.
* The feeling of sleeplessness from month 8 and on (in my opinion)
* Feeling moody especially towards the end of the 9 months.
* Morning sickness- which is completely different from one pregnancy to another.
* Not being able to fit into your clothes after you pass a certain point and then you realize it's time to go up a size or two : /
* For some, the constant questions that strangers ask can be annoying at times.
* Having mush for brains, hahahaha!
* The feeling of fear as the pregnancy draws to an end, which means the responsibility of raising child is now a reality. Babies do not come with instruction manuals!
* Feeling like your forgetting some important/essential baby must haves from Babies R Us.
* Feeling scared about the delivery process.
* Hearing horror stories about pregnancies and deliveries throughout your pregnancy from friends, family and even co-workers .......which always is not solicited by moms to be. I don't wanna hear scary stories right before I go into labor!! Thanks but no thanks.
So I hope that I have answered some of your questions regarding pregnancy. I know that both lists seem just as long but I really wanted to explain everything that I have been feeling or have felt at some point in my pregnancy. Again, these are my own opinions from my first pregnancy. If you all any additional questions or requests, please let me know with a comment on my last pregnancy vlog video. Thanks again for all your continued support throughout my pregnancy :)
To visit my beauty channel: