Saturday, August 24, 2013

New Skincare Products!

Hey guys!


So if you have been keeping up with me for some time now, you'd already know that I can't stick to a skincare regime for too long, ha! I've always wanted to have that regime that is my absolute "go to" that I never deviate from. Well, it's been years of hunting for products that can help control my acne prone skin. I don't have the usual acne that most people have or get from time to time. I suffer from cystic acne...which is the worst kind! I have gone to the Dermatologist before for treatments, medications and steroid shots but with an 8 month old whose still nursing, those aren't options anymore. I can and will eventually go back once I ween my son off of nursing. But in the mean time, it's trial and error.

I recently filmed a video discussing my thoughts on the Michael Todd True Organics line that I have been using since April. I still enjoy it but was recommended another line. A link to my beauty channel will be below. I went about 2 weeks ago to get a facial because I was breaking out like nobody's business. I had like 7 cystic bumps at once and was feeling miserable. If you've ever had a cystic break out, you know how it feels. I wanted to get my face cleaned professionally so that I could start to feel better. I took advantage of my time with the aesthetician that I asked her many questions regarding my skin and products. Luckily, she was a nice lady who really wanted to help me :)


So while getting a facial, I found out what skin type I actually have and what products I should try for my cystic acne. I have combination skin, meaning some parts (nose, cheeks and chin) are oily and a bit drier in my forehead area. Basically I was guided towards combination skin type products. I was also recommended to use only an acne spot treatment in the areas needed and not all over to prevent further drying and irritation of my skin. I've always known about using certain products on certain areas of the face but I guess I was getting really frustrated with everything I had been using. Now I do have to take medication every morning for my thyroid disorder so that could also be a reason for my sudden all over break outs. I can do a blog post or video on this subject, if you are interested. Let me know below.

The line recommended to me was Dermalogica, which can be found at Ulta. The kit below is the one I am currently using. At this point, anything is worth a shot. I have been using these products for a few weeks now. I am enjoying the products so far. Of course, as usual there will be a review coming up for this skincare line. Follow me on Twitter for updates on beauty related videos (link is below). This is the easiest why to stay updated with whats happening on my channel and personal life.

I am putting together a lot of information regarding acne and oily skin for a future video that is coming very soon. I am still working on this because I want it to be perfect. I would really appreciate any comments, tips or questions regarding this matter so that I can address it in that video. Other people may need or can use the guidance provided by our peers. Every bit of info is helpful for all of us in some way.

If you have questions on the skincare line below, please leave it in the comment section below or on my beauty channel.

Skincare Kit $37 at Ulta stores!

Thank you all for reading and leaving your tips below. I appreciate your support :) 

Follow me on Twitter for Daily updates: https://twitter.com/glamourbylexi
Watch makeup and skincare videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GlamourbyLexi

xoxoxo,
~Lexi
















No comments:

Post a Comment