Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette Review & Swatches

Hello all!


Wow...it's been a while since I've posted anything on this blog. I skipped last week because I had just returned from vacation but I'm back in the saddle :) Today's post is all about chocolate.....semi sweet chocolate bar palette of course! Too Faced first launched this palette back in mid December through the Sephora website and was only available to VIB and VIB Rouge members before the general public. During this time, I snagged mine on a total impulse. The semi sweet chocolate bar palette containing 16 coco powder infused eyeshadows is currently available (here and here) for $49.

I took this palette with me on my two week vacation and used it every single day. I feel like I can do a somewhat thorough review because I've used it so much. I like the color ranges available and the smell....well it's just divine. It smells just like chocolate and makes me want to eat it every time I open this bad boy! There is a mixture of textures within the eyeshadows and they range from warm to cool to a few pops of color. The mattes (7 total) are very creamy, smooth and very pigmented. The shimmers (8 total) are also pigmented and soft. The one glitter eyeshadow is just a complete dud for me.

Let's talk packaging.....




So the exterior packaging is metal and has a magnetic closure. My palette doesn't close very well, almost like the magnet isn't strong enough. Due to this small mishap, I wouldn't put this into a travel suitcase that's going to be checked in. I took this with me in my carry-on because I was afraid it would get damaged with the flight. Now, this could totally be a bad one and not that all are like this. 

Inside goodness

16 coco powder infused eyeshadows
matte and shimmer finishes
one glitter eyeshadow
First half of palette

L to R:
Caramel, Mousse, Rum Raisin, Puddin'
Pink Sugar, Cocoa Chili, Coconut Creme & Licorice

Color Descriptions (order is as they appear in palette):

Licorice~ an intense matte black
Coconut Creme~ a matte cream
Cocoa Chili~ medium brown with greenish orange sparkle----ultra fine not glitter/chunky
Pink Sugar~ an iridescent glitter pink---no pigmentation at all!
Puddin'~ a matte cool toned gray
Rum Raisin~ a shimmery taupe
Mousse~ a matte cool toned tan
Caramel~ a shimmery gold

In the first half of the palette, the only one that is just bad is Pink Sugar. The only use would be as a glitter topper for the other eyeshadows. There literally isn't any pigmentation to this one so unfortunately, I won't be using it much. 


Second half of palette

L to R:
Butter Pecan, Bon Bon, Frosting, Peanut Butter
Blueberry Swirl, Hot Fudge, Truffled & Nougat

Color Descriptions (order is as they appear in palette): 

Nougat~ a matte muted rose
Truffled~ a matte medium brown
Hot Fudge~ a shimmery rich brown with a slight coppery sparkle
Blueberry Swirl~ a shimmery blue
Peanut Butter~ a matte warm tan
Frosting~ a shimmery bronze
Bon Bon~ a shimmery rose gold
Butter Pecan~ a shimmery champagne


In the second half, the only one that was disappointing was Blueberry Swirl. When I first saw the photos on Sephora's website, I thought "wow, if this blue is as it looks, I'd be super happy". I actually wanted this blue to be intense but it's really not. I think when people see the photos, they'll think it's a random pop of color and not an everyday type of shade like the rest of the palette. It seems a bit odd for this color to be added but it can work with a little help. 


Overall, I think the palette is good. I wouldn't say it's a must have staple item. I think if you are looking for a palette that has some warm and cool toned neutral shades, then you'll enjoy it. I wish the two of the "dud" shades would have been better formulated for a much more well-rounded awesome palette. 

Have you tried the Semi Sweet Chocolate bar palette? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts! 


***Ways to Connect with Me   | Twitter & Instagram |
@GlamourbyLexi


**My Youtube (new beauty videos posted 2x week): https://www.youtube.com/user/GlamourbyLexi


Thank you for stopping by,
xoxo
~Lexi



No comments:

Post a Comment