Saturday, March 21, 2015

Best of Becca Collection Set Review

Hello everyone!

Long time no post! I can't believe it's been a little over a month since I've posted a review. I usually posts reviews every Wednesday but lately, I haven't had much to review. I recently picked up a few new makeup items from Ulta and few other things which will be shared in an upcoming haul video on my YouTube beauty channel. If you don't know about my channel, then click here to see my videos!

Today I'm giving you my initial thoughts on the 'Best of Becca' Collection set that is currently available in Ulta stores. This set is $34 for four popular Becca Cosmetics items. The set includes: Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflé in Watermelon/Moonstone, Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed in Rose Gold, Beach Tint in Guava, and Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Opal. I was so excited to try more of Becca that I ordered this set online without even reading what was included....I get way too excited when new makeup products come out!


$34 available at Ulta
four pieces included in set

Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflé in Watermelon/Moonstone
Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflé in Watermelon/Moonstone
Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflé in Watermelon/Moonstone: The texture is quite light and feels like a whipped mousse. This is suppose to be worn on the cheeks to achieve a luminous glow. The color is a beautiful golden coral pink when the two shades are combined. I'd say this product is suitable for those who like super glow-y cheek product. Unfortunately, for my oily skin; this wouldn't be an ideal blush. 
Beach Tint Shimmer Soufflè in Watermelon/Moonstone
Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed in Rose Gold
Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed in Rose Gold: This is a gorgeous true rose gold highlighter. One of the reasons I got this set was because I've been wanting to try the pressed version of the shimmering skin perfecters. The color of this product is a bit too dark for my fair/light skin tone in terms of highlighting. I prefer sticking with Opal since it looks more natural on me.

Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed in Rose Gold

Beach Tint in Guava
Beach Tint in Guava: I've never tried any of Becca's beach tints so I figured I'd give this a go. Beach Tints are stains for lips and cheeks that claim to repair and soothe the skin with vitamin E (info from Ulta's websites). I think this coral pink color is perfect for spring and summer time. The texture feels smooth almost like most silicone based products. I wore this today on my lips and felt like it was too drying to wear alone. If you are into sheer lip/cheek tints, then you may like this. The swatch below shows this in a concentrated form to show the true color, it applies more sheer on the lips.

Beach Tint Guava swatch
Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Opal
Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Opal: This is my go-to cream highlighter...I love this stuff! This highlighter is very creamy and easy to blend. This does give a very highlighted effect to the skin. It's funny because for the longest time, I never highlighted my skin with any thing this shimmery. I've always felt that anything too dewy would accentuate my oily skin so I'd just skip the highlighting step all together. As of lately, I have been highlighting to no end!! I have noticed the huge difference highlighting can do for the face and it's become apart of my makeup routine. I would definitely recommend this product.

Shimmery Skin Perfecter in Opal

Overall, I think this set is better suited for medium to darker skin tones or for anyone who loves an extra dewy finish to the skin. I think for us fair to light gals, the Shimmering Skin Perfecter pressed in Rose Gold is too dark. If you are looking to try a Becca highlighter, try one of these: Moonstone, Opal or Pearl. Personally, I like to highlight targeted areas only so that my oily skin doesn't look too crazy. I am pretty disappointed that the majority of these didn't work for me. Although these didn't work for my personal preferences, the quality is still really great. For the price point, I think you get a great amount of each product to try. 

Have you tried this set? What are your thoughts? What Becca products would you recommend?

I hope you found this review helpful. If you would like more makeup related reviews and/or videos, please subscribe to my YouTube beauty channel. I post videos twice a week: Mondays & Fridays- https://www.youtube.com/user/GlamourbyLexi

Thank you for stopping by,
xoxo
~Lexi





4 comments:

  1. Did you buy this online? I cant seem to find it on the site and i NEED this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did order this online from Ulta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fair skin too and I ADORE this set! I haven't used the soufflé really, but the rose gold perfecter is my everyday go to! I'd suggest using a small stippling brush (I use an IT cosmetics for Ulta one and love it) on your cheekbones so it's not too intense and gives an amazing rosey glow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only strive to mention one's content can be as incredible. This clarity with your post is superb! Thanks a lot, hundreds of along with you should go on the pleasurable get the job done. ABesstPro

    ReplyDelete