Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip Set

Hello & Happy Wednesday :)


Today I'm reviewing a lip kit that I purchased from Sephora a few weeks back. I'm always on the hunt for new lip products so I love when sets/kits come out with a ton of lip products. Since we're approaching the holiday season, many brands have already released special holiday gift sets and kits. I love this time a year because I can try so many new things.

This kit is the Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip set that retails for $25. In the past I have enjoyed the Sephora Favorites lip sets but this one isn't that good. There are only a few products within this set that I actually like and then there's some that look way to crazy on me. If you are interested in trying new lip stuff then you may like this one. I feel for the price ($25) you get a good amount of product to try.



Kit contains 5 deluxe sizes and 1 full sized lip gloss

Inside packaging 
Reviews of each~

Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in
"Meritage"

I really enjoy Bite Beauty products and this shade is perfect for the fall season. I own several Bite Beauty lip products and this brand doesn't disappoint! This high pigment pencil is very pigmented, creamy and comfortable to wear. 

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in
"Naked"

I've never tried the newest lipsticks by Urban Decay which are called Revolution lipsticks. So far this one is a nice nude shade with a touch of pink. It's comfortable on the lips and goes on smoothly. I may have to look into the other shades within this line of lipsticks.  


NARS Lip gloss in "Orgasm"

Again, NARS lip products are some that I'm not too familiar with...I know, call me crazy! I've only tried Turkish Delight in the old packaging and with the older formula. Apparently, NARS has repackaged and reformulated their lip stuff. This "Orgasm" lip gloss is actually really pretty. It has a beautiful golden pink color. It's good for layering over other products but it doesn't show up too pigmented on its own. It can easily be an everyday type of gloss :) 

Marc Jacobs Lust for Lacquer in
"Kissability"

Marc Jacobs is a brand that I have never tried as well. I always look at the products within this line and then realize how crazy expensive it is. As you can see for the swatch above, this doesn't show up on my lips. This gloss has a slight minty feel too. It comes across as a clear gloss....not happy! I would have expected for such a high end brand to have more pigmentation and a better formula. 

Buxom Lip Cream in "White Russian"
by Bare Minerals

This Buxom gloss is just weird. I don't like how it applies nor how it looks on my lips. It makes me look like I woke up from the dead....haha! The Buxom glosses have a thicker feel with a slight minty tingle. I don't mind the minty feel of these glosses but this one is no bueno. 

Smashbox Be Legendary lip gloss
in "Pout"

Well this Smashbox gloss is all kinds of wrong. I don't like the shade nor the formula. Smashbox has recently repackaged their glosses and possibly have reformulated too. Honestly, from years past, this "Pout" shade was more like a light baby pink. Even the picture on the box shows this as a light pink. It's actually more of a white color....not a shade I find flattering. 



So for me, this kit is no go. Unfortunately, there are too many dislikes within the set which makes this not worth it for me. I have tons of lip products and these were definitely not needed. I wanted to try something new and found this kit fell short of my exception. I think if you need lip products or want to try new brands, you may like this set. If these colors are up your ally, then you'll like them a lot. 

The Sephora website shows this is currently sold out online but I've seen several in stores. You can sign up by email to be notified when it comes back in stock. I hope this review was helpful for you. Let me know your thoughts on this set, I'd love to hear from you.

Follow Me on Social Media Twitter & Instagram:
@GlamourbyLexi

Thank you for stopping by,
xoxo
~Lexi 

No comments:

Post a Comment