Wednesday, October 1, 2014

ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadows Review & Swatches

Hello Everyone & Welcome Back to my blog!


I'm super excited as usual to share with you my thoughts on some newer eyeshadows that have joined my makeup collection. I found out about ColourPop eyeshadows through my Instagram surfing. I had no idea this company existed until I saw so many beautiful pictures containing swatches and rave reviews about these eyeshadows. This sadly was enough to peak my curiosity and place an order :)

These ColourPop eyeshadows are $5 each for a great amount of product. I can't believe how inexpensive these shadows are. The best way for me to describe ColourPop is that the makeup Gods have answered my prayers!! The eyeshadows are extremely pigmented, creamy and luxurious feeling. The actual formula is a bit hard to describe...it's like a cream shadow but with a bouncy mousse feel and a powder finish when applied. I know, it's a crazy combo but it works :)

I was a bit hesitant about trying them on after receiving them because they do have a cream/wet feeling. As I've stated before, I have oily skin and oily lids and I'm very picky about what type of products I use. So normally, I don't go for cream eyeshadows unless I'm using them as a base for my powder eyeshadows and/or pigments. I was very surprised that these didn't crease on me. Two thumbs up!! Currently, ColourPop has 54 single eyeshadows each $5 and 3 eyeshadow quads each $20 to choose from.

::Now onto some swatches and mini reviews of each color::



Photo taken in direct sunlight
Top Row: Friskie, Animal, On The Rocks
Bottom Row: Desert, Slave2Pink, Girly
Photo taken away from sunlight.
Friskie, Animal, On The Rocks
Girly, Desert, Salve2Pink

I chose these colors because I wanted to try one color that was a highlight shade, one that was a light transition shade, one medium toned, one really dark and of course two that were super bright. I feel that my color selection is awesome because I get to try a little of everything ColourPop offers in terms of color.

Animal
Animal: A gorgeous coral with intense pigmentation and a golden glitter sparkle.

Animal
swatched without primer


Desert
Desert: A beautiful light tan with a satin finish. This is the only one from my order that has a satin finish. It's a great crease and/or transition shade that would work for many different skin tones and makeup looks.

Desert
Swatched without primer


Friskie
Friskie: Oh my! This one is beautiful!!! It's a dark charcoal almost black shade with holographic glitter sparkles. Totally in love :)

Friskie
Swatched without primer
*Do you see the sparkle??? It's amazing!


Girly
Girly: A light ivory shade.... this one was tricky to photograph. On the website it doesn't look like much and I almost removed it from my shopping cart (thank goodness I didn't). This shade gives me life! It's a beautiful ivory with a pinky peachy almost duo chrome metallic finish. So awesome :)

Girly
Swatched without primer

On The Rocks
On The Rocks: An intense bronze shade with the absolute most beautiful glitter sparkle. The actual sparkle is like a golden lilac color. My camera had some difficulties capturing the sparkle in this one. If you try this one out, I promise you won't be disappointed.

On The Rocks
Swatched without primer

Slave2Pink
Slave2Pink: Wow! This one is super intense :) It's an amazing hot pink with a blueish purple silvery duo chrome. It's perfection! This would make an awesome pop of color for neutral makeup looks.

Slave2Pink
Swatched without primer

So those are all the colors I currently own. I'm absolutely in love with these eyeshadows and I'm completely blown away with the pigment and quality. My pictures seriously don't do these colors justice. It's hard to really capture the metallic finish and the glittery sparkle.

A quick note, the company recommends using your finger to apply them in order to get maximum pigmentation. I do agree that fingers are the best option but if you prefer using brushes you can. I would only suggest using synthetic brushes and not natural bristles. The natural bristles will pick up the product but not deposit onto the lids. Synthetic brushes are the way to go however, the effect will be a little lighter than using your fingers.  

If you are interested in trying ColourPop (highly recommend) click here to shop

*A quick mention on shipping- they ship extremely fast. My order arrived in 3 days :) 

*If you are not a fan of glitter don't worry these are not like typical glitter eyeshadows. The glitter particles actually feel extremely soft and not gritty nor flakey in the least bit. 

I hope this review with the swatches was helpful for you. I don't have anything negative to say about ColourPop eyeshadows :)  Tutorials using ColourPop will be posted very soon on my YouTube Channel  click on this link to visit my channel for beauty related videos posted every Monday and Friday. Please Subscribe, too!


Follow Me on Twitter & Instagram:
@GlamourbyLexi

Thank you for stopping by,
xoxo
~Lexi 


No comments:

Post a Comment