Wednesday, December 18, 2013

5 Super Easy Christmas Nails

Hello!

With it being the holiday season, it's only right to do festive nails, right? So with Christmas around the corner (7 days left, oh my) I wanted to share with you 5 super easy and fun nail designs. These would be the perfect accessory to any holiday outfit. A list of products, a walk through step by step tutorial and final picture are below. I hope you like and if you recreate any of these, I'd love to see it. Send me pictures to my Twitter account @GlamourbyLexi





Step by Step Tutorial (starting Thumb to Pinky above):

Thumb Nail Festive Christmas Dots: Start with any white nail polish. I recommend doing 2 coats. Then take any red and green nail polish to create the dots with a dotting tool. Don't have a dotting tool? No worries, a toothpick will do the trick!

Index Nail Snowflake: Start with 2 coats of a deep Navy blue. Start by applying a dot on the center of the nail using a dotting tool and a silver metallic nail polish. Then with the same silver polish draw four lines using a nail brush around the silver dot (one line vertical above, one vertical below, one horizontally to the left and one horizontally to the right). Taking the same dotting tool used earlier, create tiny dots on the lines to create your snowflake.

Middle Nail Christmas Tree: Starting with a 2 coats of white polish. Take a green striper polish and create a triangle shape with the pointed tip just below the cuticle. Fill in that triangle with the same green polish. Once that dries take your favorite polish to create dots that simulate ornaments. I used a metallic gold but any color would work. I then took a gold glitter to create a dot at the tip for my star.

Ring Nail Snowman: Start with 2 coats of a pearly white polish. Using a small dotting tool or toothpick dipped into black polish create 2 dots for eyes and a couple closer to the end of the nail for his smile. Wipe that tool and using an orange polish create a small triangle pointing to the left for his nose.

Pinky Nail Snowfall: Start with a light baby blue nail polish. Take the small dotting tool and draw a blanket of snow with white polish towards the edge of the nail, in the same area you'd do a french tip. Then use the same white polish and apply a few dots for the falling snow.

Once your design dries, apply a shiny topcoat to seal the designs and add shine. Viola! Your nails are ready to make a statement at your Christmas party!

Products Used/Needed:

*White Nail Polish- I used Sephora Formula X in White Matter
*Red Nail Polish- I used Sephora Formula X in Pyrotechnic
*Green Striper polish- I used one from Sinful Colors purchased from Walgreens
*Navy Blue nail polish- I used Julep
*Metallic Silver- I used Sally Hansen insta dry in Silver Sweep
*Metallic Gold- I used one from the old Sephora brand
*Orange nail polish- I used one from OPI that is a few years old
*Light Blue polish- I used Sephora Formula X in Infatuated

*Tools~Dotting tool or toothpicks

As you can see in the picture, the designs are super easy. I am not an expert nor am I good at drawing and I can make this look decent. So I know that you can recreate these designs too.

A video tutorial will be posted towards the end of this week on my YouTube channel showing this nail art. If you haven't checked out my channel, click here. Please subscribe while you're there, it's free :) :)

Thanks for stopping by & Merry Christmas !!
xoxoxo
~Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment