Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag!

Hello all!


So I wanted to share with you some goodies that came in the mail recently from Ipsy. For those who aren't familiar with Ipsy, it's a subscription service that delivers monthly glam bags right to your door! It's a $10 a month beauty subscription that usually includes a variety of sample and full size products from skincare to makeup. I think this is a great beauty service that will help expand your horizons among cosmetic brands which is one of the reasons why I subscribed. The second reason, of course was the price. It's one of the cheaper "beauty box" type services. Click here to visit the Ipsy website.

Here are the goods that came this month:

All your products come in coordinating pouch.
These pouches make great travel makeup bags!


Body Balm "Balm Me Up"
Organic body butter

Inside look: it's super creamy & smooth!
This "Balm Me Up" product has good and bad features. Firstly, this product is so smooth and luxurious feeling. I love the way it feels but the smell is extremely strong. It has notes of lime, mandarins, oranges, lemongrass and the usual shea/cocoa butter smell. While this all sounds good and I quite enjoy these scents, this product smells like bitter citrus. It's really over powering at first but after a little while it goes away. The moisture in this product doesn't last long either. It's a shame because I really wanted this to work. The only use for me is as a foot lotion after a pedicure. 

Product is clear and it's very moisturizing. I was looking forward to this when I saw
the sneak peeks online. This is the actual full size which runs about
$12 on the company website. I really enjoy the feel of this lip balm.

This is another brand I am not too familiar with. The shade I received was
"buff" and I do have to say it matches pretty well. I haven't used this yet
so expect a review within the next few weeks.

Benefit the Pore fessional
Benefit Pore Fessional is a product I've used in years past. It's goes on colorless and it feels really silky. It makes your face feel and look very smooth. It does work to smooth over large pores so if you're after a product like this, give this one a try. I do have to mention that if you are oily, this product doesn't mattify the skin so expect to use blotting sheets or setting powder throughout the day.


Make-Up Cleansing Tissues
This pack contains 10 wipes infused with pomegranate extract.
I am a little weary because these don't mention "oil free" but they
are hypoallergenic. 

So that's it, those were all my products from this month's Ipsy glam bag. I hope you enjoyed my mini reviews of these products. I plan on doing these mini reviews every now and again so that I can share good products with you. 

Don't forget to check out my YouTube for beauty related videos. Also, stay connected with me via Twitter

Thanks for stopping by
xoxoxo
~Lexi


No comments:

Post a Comment