Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dior Crème Abricot Fortifying Cream for Nails

Hello everyone!


I've decided to share with you a quick review on Dior's fortifying cream that I purchased from Sephora back in November. It's been about 3 1/2 months that I've used this product so I think it's time for a review.


Dior Crème Abricot Fortifying Cream for Nails

This cream is described as a rich, creamy salve that nourishes and conditions cuticles (**description is from Sephora's website). As you will see from the photo below, this product is very thick. I do recommend using it at night before bed.  Inside the jar you get 0.35 oz. of cream for $25, which is a bit pricey. I'm not too thrilled about the price tag but we are talking about Dior. 


The packaging is very cute and dainty looking. I have it sitting out on my nightstand to remind myself to use it. The texture as I mentioned earlier is on the thick side. It leaves a greasy feeling around your nails so it's best not to use this during the day. It also takes a while for your skin to absorb this cream. I find that it does moisturize and condition my cuticles which makes them soft. Make sure your hands and nails are clean before using so that bacteria doesn't start accumulating inside due to having to stick your finger inside the jar. 

It definitely helps having a good cuticle cream to nourish your cuticles and nails. Plus it helps make your manicure look good too. All you really need is just the tiniest amount because this cream does go a long way. I will probably have this for a while before I hit the bottom of the jar. 

*If you are particular of fragrance, there is a bit of a florally scent to it. It's not strong by any means and once I'm asleep I don't really notice the scent. It's up to you whether you want fragranced products or not. 

Would I recommend??  If you have extremely dry cuticles or cuticles in really bad shape than yes, I would. But if your cuticles just need a bit of moisture and you take care of them, then no this product is not necessary. You will probably have better results with a cuticle oil...besides they're much cheaper! 

I do like this product but I wish it was a little less greasy. This definitely comes into play when sealing the jar after applying the cream to all ten nails. You will get the cream all over the jar, which is annoying. 

Anyway, I hope this review was helpful. I've been trying a ton of nail products for the last several months and I'm always on the hunt for good nail care. So if you have any recommendations, I'd love to know :) Also please check out my YouTube channel for makeup & beauty related videos. While visiting please subscribe, it's Free! 

Stay connected with me via Twitter & Instagram: @GlamourbyLexi
Thank you for stopping by,
xoxo
~Lexi



No comments:

Post a Comment