Sunday, March 30, 2014

L'Oreal Butterfly Mascara Review

Hello everyone!

Today I posted a video review/demo on L'Oreal's newest mascara called Lash Out Butterfly. If you are wanting to see a demo/ before & after, head on over to my YouTube channel. Of course, a review is in order since the claims and packaging is very...let's just say gimmicky. I am surprised that I actually do like this mascara and I have been happy with the results.

I haven't noticed any flaking, smudging or clumping with this mascara. I've had mine for a while going back and forth with my feelings. Overall, it's a good mascara that adds volume and length. I am very picky with mascaras and there are only but a few from this brand that I actually like and keep repurchasing.


One coat of Butterfly mascara
without any eyelash primer

Closer look at results
 I love the results :) As you can see, this mascara doesn't clump and it's a nice rich black formula. One thing I do have to mention is that the very first use this formula is slightly wet. I recommend letting is hang out in your mascara stash for a week or two and it'll be perfect.


Outside packaging
The wand is very different. There isn't a drugstore brand mascara that has an applicator like this one. I made the photos larger to showcase the design and bristles. I feel this applicator may look "gimmicky" but it's practical and does work.

View from above where the wand
opens up slightly like butterfly wings

Side profile of open wing side and underside
that is more like a comb.
The underside of this wand is like a standard rubber comb mascara which helps extend the lashes and remove any clumps should they appear.


So overall, I give this mascara 2 thumbs up! L'Oreal did a good job with wand design and formulation. This product can be purchased at any of your local drugstores for right around $8 (prices may vary depending on the store). I hope this quick review was helpful. Let me know if you have any feedback, I'd love to hear from you.

**Stay connected with Me via Twitter & Instagram: @GlamourbyLexi
Please Subscribe to my YouTube beauty channel, it's Free (click here to visit).

Thank you for stopping by,
xoxo
~Lexi


No comments:

Post a Comment