Thursday, April 24, 2014

Avon Extra Lasting Eyeshadow Pencil Review

Hello everyone!

I hope your week is going well and it's almost the weekend, yahoo!! I have been wanting to share with you my thoughts on Avon's cream eyeshadow sticks for quite a while and today is the chosen day. I've had these bad boys for a couple of months and I'm in love with them. I currently own 8 of them and as I write this post I'm kicking myself for not buying all 10 colors!

At first I was a bit hesitant to try out a cream product for my upper eyelid area since I'm really oily. I typically don't buy anything in cream form for my upper eye area because they never seem to last long enough and my oily skin tends to break down the product super fast. Well, not anymore!! I have found the solution to this problem :)

The Avon website describes these shadow sticks as transfer-resistant, waterproof, rub and fade proof. That's a whole lot of claims to be making for a product and guess what?..... it's true! I love it when products actually do what they claim to do. Don't you?

These shadow pencils come in 10 different shades ranging from neutral colors like taupe and bronze to a few smokey colors like navy and brown to a couple fun colors like purple and teal.  I think they have a great range of colors that look beautiful on their own or underneath a coordinating powder eyeshadow. Avon sells each eyeshadow pencil for $8.50 on their website or through an independent Avon representative. The packaging is a very simple and sleek twist up pencil that doesn't require sharpening which I find perfect for on the go and for traveling.






Sapphire: A gorgeous deep navy
Aquamarine: A beautiful teal that makes me say omg!
Violet: a perfect purple (summer time essential)
Smoky plum: A deep plum

Crystal taupe: A metallic taupe
Amethyst: A purply taupe that's perfect year round
Topaz shimmer: A gorgeous metallic coppery bronze
Rich cocoa: A satiny rich dark brown

As you can see from the photos above, these are amazingly pigmented, creamy and gorgeous. These are truly hidden gems that I don't hear much of from the YouTube beauty community. I hope you found this quick review helpful. If you have been searching for cream eyeshadows that lasts, has great pigmentation and are affordable...then look no further :) 

Overall, I'm so happy with these and I can't wait to continue using them for future makeup tutorials. My only negative is that there aren't many matte shades to choose from, they all seem to have a shimmery/metallic finish.  If you haven't visited my YouTube beauty channel (click here) to see makeup tutorials, product reviews, monthly beauty must haves and the occasional follow me around/a day in my life vlogs! I upload 2x a week :) Also, Subscribe to me, it's Free!! 

::Stay connected with Me via Twitter & Instagram::  @GlamourbyLexi

Thank you for stopping by,
xoxo
~Lexi 

No comments:

Post a Comment