Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette (Swatches & Review)


Hi everyone!

So I know you probably have heard and seen the goodness that is the Naked 3 palette. It's no surprise that I took the plunge and ordered this baby a few months ago. Honestly, at first I wasn't too sure if I was going to enjoy wearing the rosy tones with my brown eyes. But! I do have to say that I love these colors and they pair nicely with brown eyes. So of course, because I love this so much, I had to share my thoughts with you. 

Let's talk packaging: Of course Urban Decay had to package this palette just like the Naked 2 palette. The exterior is a metal tin type of packaging that snaps shut. I've heard from fellow youtubers that this packaging isn't so user/travel friendly. I happen to disagree on that. I think the metal aspects allows for easy travel in a suitcase. I feel the exterior protects the gems on the inside perfectly. And as with all things, there will be so natural wear and tear but really, if you properly care for it than it'll last.
product packaging

Lovely gems!

The first half: softer and lighter shades of pink. Some
with champagne tones and others with golden tone.

The second half: darker and richer shades of tans, taupes
and grays/black with touches of plum undertones.

Strange: a pale ivory with hints of pink
(perfect for inner corner/brow highlight)
Dust: a light champagne pink with soft silver flecks
Burnout: deeper champagne pink (darker than Dust)
Limit: a matte soft pinky mauve
Buzz: a metallic rosy pink
Trick: a metallic pinky gold

From this group the only shade I found to be a bit disappointing is Dust. It has soft silver flecks which I'm ok with but the pigmentation is not really there. It looks pigmented in the photo above and in the palette but it doesn't transfer to the eyelids easily. Plus, there's too much fall out.


Nooner: a matte purple-y taupe
Liar: a metallic pinky/plumy taupe
Factory: a metallic plum shade with hints of pink
Mugshot: a metallic taupe
Darkside: a shimmery deep gray with plum undertones
Blackheart: a deep matte black with golden pink shimmers

From this group, I don't have dud shade. They're all simply beautiful with rich pigment.


Bonus: with purchase of palette you'll receive samples
of all four eyeshadow primers that Urban Decay
makes. I'm a big fan of UD's primers :)

 Finally, here's a look I created a few weeks ago. I really enjoy using this palette and I find myself reaching for it often. Overall, I am pleased with the colors, pigmentation and sizes of the eyeshadows. I have been a huge Urban Decay fan for many years and I'm usually impressed with the quality of their products. It's rare for me to feel truly disappointed in what I buy from them. Urban Decay is one of my top favorite/most used brands.

My one complaint is the Dust eyeshadow. Not good on pigmentation and I'd prefer a little less silvery flecks. But over the last several years of using UD, I've noticed them trying to improve their chunky eyeshadows. I hope eventually, they'll nail it!


Colors used: Dust, Buzz, Nooner, Limit, Strange,
and Factory.

I hope this quick review was helpful for you. If you have any additional questions or comments, please leave them below. I'd love to hear from you. As always, stop on by my YouTube channel for more on this palette along with all beauty related videos. Please Subscribe to my channel, it's FREE :)

Stay connected with Me via Twitter & Instagram: @GlamourbyLexi

Thank you for stopping by and showing support. It means the world to me :) :)
xoxo
~Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment