Wednesday, May 21, 2014

IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Vol.1 Matte Palette

Hello & welcome back :)

I'm very excited to share yet another palette review and swatch-fest! I've purchased several new things recently and of course, I couldn't wait to share with you. Today, I'm doing a first impressions type of post on this palette. I've had a little over a week to play with this new baby so below are the swatches, my initial thoughts and a "no makeup, makeup" look I created.


IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Vol.1 palette retails for $42 at Ulta and QVC. I purchased mine from Ulta but the QVC website has a better deal that includes a double ended brush with this palette. Now that I've seen this deal, I wish I would have gone the QVC route. But anyway, here's a look at the entire palette.

It contains 14 matte eyeshadows that are talc-free, anti-aging, and full of good for you ingredients. It also has a transforming pearl eyeshadow that can be worn alone or over each color as described in the instructions.







This palette has a good range of soft neutrals and a couple pops of color that are all very wearable. I think this palette can be used by anyone regardless of eye or skin color. The colors are beautiful and complimentary to everyone. 

Swatches.....




*Sheer joy- can't really be seen in the photo above because it's the color of my skin. If you are medium, tan or deep complexed, this color will show up. Unfortunately, for me (**I'm super pale....borderline translucent) this color can only be used as a brow or inner corner highlight. 



*Love- a very pale pink doesn't look too intense with my skin tone but it still does show slightly. 


enlarged to show textures of the eyeshadows

These eyeshadows are extremely buttery and smooth...like no other! I love how the company created such creamy colors without being actual cream shadows. Just by looking at the eyeshadows you can tell how soft they are.


Transforming pearl

In this photo, I wanted to showcase the transforming pearl color. This little feature is very unique for a palette. Usually when you purchase a palette the colors are either all matte, all shimmery or a combo of both. But rarely do you see a palette include a bonus shadow to transform all colors into new versions. As you can see, I chose the darker shade which really shows how this transforming pearl shade works. I really love this! The transforming pearl color is just beautiful on its own too.


Here's a snapshot of an upcoming tutorial featuring this palette. It's a quick 5 minute "no makeup, makeup" look. Tutorial will be posted soon on here




Overall, this palette is great. It's pigmented, super creamy and smooth and can give a wide range of easy soft looks to several darker and deeper smokey looks. If you don't own a lot of mattes in your collection, check this palette out. Or if you're like me, obsessed with makeup, you'll love it too! 


I hope this first impressions post was helpful for you. What do you think about this palette? Any stand out shades for you? If you would like to see a makeup tutorial using this palette with specific colors, please let me know. I'd love to create a video for you!

In the meantime, head on over to my beauty channel (click here) to see easy makeup tutorials, product reviews, monthly makeup must haves, shopping hauls and beauty tips/tricks. Please Subscribe to my channel for future videos. 

Also, Connect with Me via Twitter & Instagram::  @GlamourbyLexi

Thank you for stopping by & have a great day!
xoxo
~Lexi 

No comments:

Post a Comment