Wednesday, May 28, 2014

New Makeup Geek Eyeshadows + Z Palette Organization

Hello & Happy Wednesday!!

I'm excited to share with you some new Makeup Geek eyeshadows that I purchased last week. I know in my last haul video I mentioned being on a strict "no buy" for awhile but I couldn't help myself. As you probably already know, I am a huge fan of Makeup Geek eyeshadows. So of course, when the website shows 5 brand new colors that recently launch for May...I had to jump on it :)

So today I'm posting swatches, photos and my thoughts on the 5 brand new shades along with a couple other eyeshadows that have been out of stock for a while. So glad I got my hands on these babies. I also got a few other things from the Makeup Geek that I'll share very soon.


5 Brand New Eyeshadows::


Rockstar: silver with purple iridescent shimmer
Pop culture: shimmery lilac
Shark bait: matte deep teal
Glass slipper: shimmery aqua
Barcelona beach: matte medium tan brown



Swatches.....


I am very happy with the pigmentation and color payoff of these new colors. As you can tell, they are very summery shades but honestly these can be worn throughout the year in many different wearable ways. 


Razzleberry: pinky red with gold glitter
Chickadee: matte orange
Dirty martini: matte dirty olive
Goddess: metallic coppery bronze


Swatches....




Again, pigmentation and quality is just amazing for the price. Each eyeshadow pan is $5.99 or if you prefer eyeshadows with individual compacts then the cost would be $7.99 each. 

Below are pictures of my Z palettes that are holding all of my Makeup Geek eyeshadows. I'm in eyeshadow heaven! I've organized my palettes by color as you can see below. I started with light neutrals and then gradually went to tans and browns. For the blues, I started with the lightest aqua then gradually to deeper blues then into greens then a couple randoms then finally into grays and black. Then lastly, for the yellows, I started with the palest yellow gradually to golds and oranges then to soft pinks to deeper plums and purples. 

The great thing about Z palettes is that you can reorganize your colors whenever you want. 





 This dark raspberry damask print is a Makeup Geek exclusive. You can only get them through her website (link is provided above). Each empty palette is $19.99.


I hope that you enjoyed the mini review and swatches. Do you own any Makeup Geek eyeshadows? If so, what colors are you loving? If you would like to see swatches and read my previous Makeup Geek review of 55+ eyeshadows in the line click here

Check out my YouTube beauty channel click here to watch makeup reviews, makeup tutorials, beauty tips and shopping hauls. Please Subscribe while you're there, it's Free :) 

Thank you for stopping by,
xoxo
~Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment