Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Brush Cleaning Made Easy

Hello & Welcome Back!

Today I wanted to share with you a simple tool that I've been using to effectively clean all of my makeup brushes. I have a pretty extensive makeup brush collection and washing/cleaning isn't something I ever look forward to. But since I've been using a silicone oven mitt, the process has never been easier.

I was searching for a dupe for the sigma spa glove on Pinterest months ago and came across many alternatives. One being a silicone oven mitt! I thought, could this really be a dupe? Before I knew it, I was at Bed, Bath & Beyond searching for silicone oven mitts. These types of mitts are available pretty much anywhere that sells kitchen stuff. I paid $10 at Bed, Bath & Beyond for mine and I couldn't be happier with the results. If you are wondering, the Sigma spa glove is $40, and it looks like an oven mitt but with different textured sides. I couldn't justify spending a ton of money on something that looks like it could cost $10.

Here's a closer look at the oven mitt. When choosing the right mitt, look for one that has many grooves, lines, or bumps as these will get a deep clean inside the bristles of your brush and remove the makeup trapped deep inside. If you want the same one I own, click here to order or browse other options. I feel this one is perfect of getting the job done very quickly.



$10 at Bed, Bath & Beyond.


Here are some before and after photos:









I think the photos speak for themselves on how well this silicone oven mitt works to remove makeup. If you would like to see a tutorial on how to use it and which cleaner/shampoo I use, then click here to watch. Overall, I am very impressed and I actually look forward to cleaning my brushes. It's no longer a task I hate doing :)


I hope this quick review was helpful. If you have any other suggestions on tools that work for cleaning makeup brushes, please feel free to leave me a comment. Also, don't forget to Subscribe to my YouTube channel while watching the tutorial (link is below the photo above).

::Connect with Me via Twitter & Instagram::  @GlamourbyLexi

Thank you for stopping by,
xoxo
~Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment