Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sleek MakeUP Acid Palette Review

Hello everyone & Happy Wednesday!!


So today I'm reviewing my first Sleek MakeUP palette...the Acid palette. I went for a super bright palette because I was looking for something similar to the Urban Decay Electric palette without the price tag. I've been searching for an Electric palette "dupe" for some time now and decided to give this brand a try.

I ordered this palette from Amazon but Sleek MakeUP brand has there own website where you can order a ton of different makeup products. If you would like to visit their site, click here to check it out. If you are interested in this brand, I would recommend that you sign up for their email newsletter that shares new products and online promotions.

On to the swatches and pictures.....



The exterior packaging is very thin and made with good quality materials. I didn't include a picture with the mirror inside of this palette due to the blinding flash of my camera. However, the mirror is good quality as well :) This palette is travel friendly too!


Inside the palette
There are a total of (12) 0.03 oz. eyeshadows in this palette. Only four colors are shimmery and the rest are matte.


A closer look inside....

first half of palette

second half of palette

 Swatch time :)

Fuchsia, Purple, White and Green.
The first swatch is a shimmery finish while the others are matte.

Same swatches as above over a white base.
*I used NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencil in Milk.

Unfortunately, the white is not a very strong white eyeshadow. I have used it as a brow highlight and it works fine. I think due to my skin tone, you can't see it. If you are medium to dark in skin tone, this white eyeshadow will show up differently then what you see above. Other than the white, these colors  really pop over a white base.


The neon shades
Yellow, Pink, Orange, and Lime Green.
Same as above but with a white base. 

Wow! These colors are awesome over a white base. I really loving that bright lime green eyeshadow. Without the white base, these colors are more sheer and a bit chalky. I wasn't expecting a whole lot with neons (due to previous experiences) but I'm shock at the outcome with a base. Love :)



Blue, Charcoal Gray, Light Blue and Black.
The first three swatches are very shimmery/metallic and the
black eyeshadow is matte.

Same as above over a white base. 

As you can see, these last four eyeshadows work great with or without a white base. I find these colors to be very creamy and pigmented.

Overall, I am very impressed with my first Sleek MakeUP experience. I wasn't expecting much when I ordered this but I'm so glad I did. I really can't complain about the product or quality especially knowing how affordable the brand is. I find these colors work well over some sort of base to make them really pop. As Summer comes to a close, I'll be excited to find ways to make these colors work for the Fall season. 

Here is my first look using the Sleek MakeUP Acid palette! Although, the fuchsia shade is bright, I believe this is a very wearable look. A tutorial for this look has been posted on my beauty channel....click here to watch. Don't forget to Subscribe :)




Have you tried anything from Sleek MakeUP? If so, I'd love to know what your recommendations are from this brand!

~Connect with Me on Twitter & Instagram~
@GlamourbyLexi

Thank you for stopping by,
xoxo
~Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment