Thursday, April 9, 2015

Too Faced Sugar Pop Eyeshadow Palette

Hello everyone!

So recently I picked up the new Sugar Pop eyeshadow palette from Too Faced while browsing through Sephora. I wasn't planning on purchasing any summery eyeshadow palettes this season but when I saw this one, I felt like I needed it. This was a total impulse purchase by the way, but so far I'm liking it.



This eyeshadow palette is part of the new Too Faced summer 2015 collection. If you would like to shop this palette or any other piece from this collection, click here. This palette is available on the Too Faced website (linked above), at Ulta stores and also at Sephora and it retails for $36. Sugar Pop contains 9 eyeshadows; most of which have a gold sparkle to them. There are 4 shimmery finishes, only one matte finish and 4 with that golden sparkle. I don't find that the gold sparkle finish is too glittery but it's something to make note of.



As you can already see, this palette is full of bright tones which I feel are perfect for Spring and Summer.

Here are closeups of the 3 large eyeshadows:

taken with flash to show the sparkle
Rock Candy: an ivory with gold sparkle. It's not a super chunky glitter but definitely noticeable.


Strawberry Ice: shimmery soft pastel pink with a subtle lilac hint.


Peach Fuzz: soft peach with gold sparkle.



 Macaron: coral orange with golden sparkle


Malted Milk Ball: shimmery bronze



Sugared Violet: shimmery jewel tone purple
Blackberry: matte dusty berry



Bubblegum: shimmery bright magenta with golden sparkle.
Blue Raspberry: shimmery bright teal


Swatches shown below are without primer~




All of the colors are very pigmented whereas in previous Too Faced palettes, there's usually one or two duds in my opinion. I feel this palette offers a good variety of bright tones that are creamy and easy to work with.


Here's a look I created (tutorial will be posted tomorrow on my YouTube beauty channel- GlamourbyLexi)
*I applied Sugared Violet to the lid and Blackberry in the crease. On the lower lash line, I applied Blue Raspberry as a pop of color. I really like the way it turned out :)



If you are looking for bright colored eyeshadows for spring and summer, this palette would be ideal. I am very pleased with the color selection in this one. If I had to choose one thing to change, I'd make the lightest shade (Rock Candy) a matte finish. But since I own so many matte highlight shades, it's not a deal breaker for me. If you are not into golden sparkle finishes in eyeshadows, then you may not like this one. Although, the sparkle isn't too bad, it's something to consider!

I hope you found this review helpful :)


Thanks for stopping by,

xoxo
~Lexi




No comments:

Post a Comment