Friday, November 8, 2013

Sephora Favorites Give Me More Lip

Hi all,
Today I'm sharing with you my thoughts, swatch-y goodness and tons of pictures on Sephora's Give Me More Lip kit. This kit is $59 at Sephora stores and online (currently sold out online, but Click here to shop the website) I used my VIB 20% off discount yesterday Nov 7th to buy a ton of different holiday kits. More reviews coming soon on those. Want to see all the goodness I bought? Click here

Now onto this baby.....
$59 at Sephora
16 piece set
mixture of Full size & Deluxe size
  
The Reds


                                                           Color Descriptions:


                  *MUFE "N45"- a sheer semi glossy red with a hint of a berry tone.

             *Kat Von D "Adora"- Camera didn't pick up the golden shimmer/foiled effect.  
                     It's a shimmery orange-y red. So beautiful in person!

            *Bite "Pomegranate"- An intense creamy bright true red with a slight glossy finish.

          *Hourglass "Icon"- Deep rich red with a bit of berry undertone. The formula is
                                                     on the thinner side.


The Pinks
                     
   

                                                                                         
Color Descriptions:

         *Too Faced "Marshmallow Bunny"- sheer light pink with slight glossy finish. Since it's 
a light pink it comes across a little bright. It has a slight lemon scent.

   *Bare Minerals "Never Say Never"- Intense creamy bright medium pink. I love the 
pigmentation and finish of this lipstick.

*Kat Von D "Backstage Bambi"- A thin but extremely pigmented bright pink. 
It applies opaquely with one layer.

 *Smashbox "Pout"- A very glossy light pale pink. I've tried this years ago and I'm not 
the biggest fan of Smashbox's lip glosses. I don't care for the 
smell...which isn't offensive when worn. 
                                                                                   

The Nudes

                              
                                                                  
                                                               Color Descriptions:

                      *Smashbox "Nylon Nude"- Creamy brown-y nude color. I had to build this swatch up
 a  bit at first but it has good pigmentation.

                 *Buxom "White Russian"- Very glossy beige nude with a slight tingle. I love the 
             plumping aspect of the buxom line. It's not a painful tingle just a slight minty feel. I enjoy 
using buxom glosses.

              *Stila "Dolce"- Intense brown liquid lipstick that has a thin formula. The packaging is slightly  deceiving since it doesn't look this dark in the tube. This probably the lip 
product I'm the least thrilled about. Not really the nude I'm into.

      *Laura Mercier "Bare Naked"- Glossy nude with a slight peachy tone and golden shimmer. 
 It's very comfortable to wear, no stickiness! It's a nice gloss to wear over 
other lipsticks or alone for low maintenance days. 


The Berries

                           


                                                              Color Descriptions:

                   *Stila "Sonya"- A sheer glossy berry balm lipstick. I don't like the packaging on this one.  It's in a lipstick tube but you can't twist it up or down, which is odd. I feel like when I go to 
place the cap back on I'll end up messing up the lipstick. Besides that it's a nice color for fall.

    *Buxom "Menace'- An intense deep creamy berry, nice vampy color. It looks a lot deeper in the packaging then it swatches. Perfect fall color!!

 *Tarte "Inspired"- A light berry shade. There's no shimmer or glossy finish...more matte looking. It's a bit drier than other lipsticks I've tried. I guess it's because of the "12 hr" claim. Long 
wearing products tend to be thinner and drier feeling on the lips. A definite wearable berry color.   

*OCC "Strumpet"- Wowza! So intense, it's a deep true berry color. So vampy and sexy looking! Literally all you need is one drop for an opaque finish. I've never tried lip tars before so I'm
 excited for this one.        



So there it is guys! I hope this was helpful. I know there's a lot of information on this post but this kit seems to be very popular online (sold out status, currently) but it's available in stores. I really love the colors and variety of finishes. My one nag if you will, is that there's several products from the same cosmetic line. I wish Sephora would have included other brand names they carry (i.e. Dior, Lancome, Givenchy, etc.) Maybe that's something they could improve for next year. As far as the price, $59 is decent for the amount, 16 products in which there are a couple full sizes.  
Think this kit may be too many lip products for you? Read my review on Sephora's smaller version

I'm excited to use these in upcoming fall/holiday tutorials. Make sure to Subscribe here to stay tuned with what's happening. 

What are your thoughts on this kit? Which ones are your favorite?

*Follow Me on Twitter @GlamourbyLexi

Thanks for stopping by
xoxoxo
~Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment