Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Too Faced "A few of my Favorite Things" Holiday 2013 palette Review

Hello makeup lover!

Today I have an exciting post for you. I recently purchased  Too Faced "A few of my Favorite Things" palette set from Sephora and all I can say is wow!!! This palette is so freakin' awesome you guys. This set includes 20 eyeshadows, 2 blushes, 2 bronzers, a full size Lip Injection Color Bomb, and a deluxe size Better than Sex Mascara all for $56!!! I definitely think Too Faced did a great job on this. There is a good mixture of colors, finishes and textures. I personally think all eyeshadows have a great color payoff, which at times can be lacking in larger palettes like this one. I really love all the shades available and the color combinations are endless. This set makes an awesome holiday gift for that makeup lover in your life!!

I hope you enjoy the pictures and mini reviews below. There will be many holiday tutorials coming up soon on my beauty channel. Click here to see my current videos and to submit any video requests :)
             

 
            Outside packaging 
Cute pink & gold chevron clutch
Palette with deluxe size mascara
& Full size lip plumper
Better than Sex Mascara ----> clever name!
It applies nicely to lashes but I don't think it
gives me the volume and thickness I like. The formula
is a bit wet and is a rich black color.
Lip Injection Color Bomb in "Bee Sting" (full size)
Honestly, it's not my favorite lip plumper. It feels
uncomfortable to me. It definitely has a stinging feel on the
lips, which sadly is a turn off for me.
The actual color is a nice nude-y pink.
A look inside the palette with the extra pieces of this
kit to the left
Gorgeous eyeshadows!!!!
So in love with the color selection, the finishes, textures
& great color payoff.
A closer look at the blushes and bronzers. It's a good
mix of colors that can go with any eye look.
**Swatch-y goodness below are in order as they appear by rows inside the palette.

Row #1 (names are R to L)
Snowflakes- shimmery champagne
Whiskers on Kitten- golden peach with chunky gold sparkle
Milk Chocolate- matte medium tan
Moon on Their Wings- rose gold with chunky sparkle
Dark Chocolate- matte deep intense dark brown
Row #2 (names R to L)
Cream Colored Ponies- matte creamy ivory
Honey Honey- metallic true gold
Buche de Noel- metallic golden bronze
Evergreen- shimmery hunter green
Blue Satin Sashes- intense matte teal with fine gold glitter
 
Row #3 (names R to L)
Coquet- shimmery golden pink
Taffy- baby pink with a light sheen
Crisp Apple Strudel-metallic
Wool Mittens- matte medium brown
Soiree- matte burgundy with ultra fine multicolor glitter

Row #4 (names R to L)
Tinsel- metallic yellow gold
Bluff- shimmery blue-ish purple
Ooh la Orchid- matte bright grape purple
Party Time- metallic deep navy
Pure Glam- matte carbon black with fine silver glitter 
Blushes & Bronzers  (R to L)
Raindrops on Roses- shimmery bright but wearable pink
Melt in Spring- matte coral
Chocolate Soleil- matte medium brown with actual cocoa inside *smells yummy
Sun Bunny duo- shimmery light tan & shimmery golden brown

I know that was a lot of swatches but I wanted you all to see how amazing these colors are. I definitely have my faves……Blue Satin Sashes (incredible pigmentation btw), Tinsel, Bluff, Party Time and of course Pure Glam (I'm blown away by the pigmentation of this color)
What are your faves?

Thanks for stopping by,
xoxoxo
~Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment