Wednesday, February 19, 2014

NYX Butter Lipsticks

Hey everyone & Happy Wednesday!

I wanted to share with you my thoughts on these new NYX butter lipsticks. They have been out for a little while but are new to me. You can purchase NYX cosmetics at Ulta or on the NYX website. I would recommend shopping for NYX at Ulta because they offer good sales on drugstore makeup brands. This brand has been in my makeup rotation for several years and it seems like they're getting better with formulations and makeup products. Also, NYX is a very affordable makeup line with lots to offer.

I have been testing out these new lipsticks that I got from Ulta a week ago. I paid around $6 a piece, which is very good for the quality and pigmentation. The displays at Ulta were picked over so I was limited with colors to choose from. I think this must be a good sign :) I liked these so much that I picked up a deeper shade a few days ago. Here are my thoughts with swatches on my first two butter lipsticks!


The packaging is very simple and I like the clear plastic around the center which makes seeing the color easy. I do have to give NYX's bonus points for making the color on the tube match almost exactly to the color of the lipstick inside.

$6 a piece
(L) Butter Lipstick in "Pops"
(R) Butter Lipstick in "Sugar Wafer"


NYX Butter Lipstick in "Pops" is a mauve color with a hint of berry. It's very pigmented, soft and creamy. The finish is a slight sheen on the lips without shimmer or glitter. It glides on like...well butter! haha

NYX Butter Lipstick in "Sugar Wafer" is a nude color with a peach undertone. It's a little brighter than other nudes I own. But this can be toned down with a gloss if you find it too bright. Again, it's pigmented, soft and creamy. Makes for a good go-to staple item in my collection.

Overall, I am very happy with these new lipsticks. For the price, you can't go wrong. I actually prefer these over other NYX lipsticks I own. I will be using these in upcoming makeup tutorials so check out my YouTube channel for other makeup related goodness. Please subscribe while you're there, it's Free :) *Stay connected with me on Twitter and Instagram: @GlamourbyLexi

Thanks for stopping by,
xoxo
~Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment