Thursday, February 13, 2014

NYX Primal Colors Review

Hello everyone!


Today I've spent the day swatching and photographing many new makeup items that I recently picked up from Ulta Beauty and from online purchases. I am sharing with you my first impressions of the new NYX Primal Colors that were recently launched this year. You can find these at Ulta and the NYX website for only $5.00 each. I personally think the price is great for the size and quality you get in each pan. These primal colors are incredibly pigmented and soft and also come in 8 shades total (all matte finish). I only allowed myself to get 3 shades to start off with. At Ulta, they currently have NYX cosmetics on sale buy 1 get 1 50% off (this sale ends 2/15 according to current ad).


Here are the photos and reviews:
****Disclaimer: These are not meant for the eye area, only for face and body****

Love the clear packaging for easy viewing

*Photo taken with flash

Hot Black
At Ulta they have testers for you to use which is helpful when deciding which colors to buy. I swatched this one at the store and the pigmentation was out of this world. I think it was because everyone had been touching the tester so it seemed softer and more pigmented than mine. I also think that maybe once I get through the first layer of powder, I'll be able to get a more intense black.



Hot Orange
This one is crazy pigmented! On camera and in photos this color reads a bit more orange but in personal there's a slight coral tint which I find really beautiful. This is quite unique from my perspective. It could also be used as a blush.



Hot Pink
This one is so amazingly bright and bold. Very intense and great color payoff. It would look awesome as a blush, of course you'd have to blend it really well to make it wearable.



Final thoughts:

I am impressed with the colors and pigmentation. The only color that wasn't really up to my standards was the Hot Yellow which I didn't buy. Yellows are very tricky to make intense without it looking powdery and streaky especially in matte finishes. I am however, sad that these aren't made for the eye area. I am not too sure if I'll be comfortable putting something around my eyes that has a "no eye area" warning. It's up to you whether or not you'll try it...I do not recommend! 

I think for those who love to wear bright and bold blush colors would definitely enjoy these. Of course, the makeup artists out there would also love these. For the everyday makeup wearer like myself, these aren't so practical. 

Overall, I love these colors and the price is on point. It's hard to find bright colors with great color payoff and in this size for an affordable price. Nyx did really well with these matte primal colors. I hope this first impressions review and swatches was helpful. Please leave any comment or feedback below, I'd love to hear from you :)

Also, don't forget to check out my YouTube beauty channel for more makeup related goodness (click here to watch) Please Subscribe while visiting my channel, it's Free!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend,
xoxo
~Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment